Like most of the country I have to admit I am completely bored of the rain, which makes the day to day quite impossible considering that, bar one or two weeks, it has pretty much rained since the start of April. My hair alone has quadrupled in size (curls don't like the rain). Think somewhere between Diana Ross and Noddy Holder and you're about there. Enough is enough. Living in a village that sits on a river might be really pretty, but I can personally vouch causes havoc in extreme apocalyptic style rain.
Recently though, I have come to realise that, as the rain is likely to persist through most of our 'summer' I am going to have to work with it and maybe even appreciate this anomaly from Mother Nature. You get to be quite good at adopting this perspective when you have worked throughout the recession as a recruiter!
I have therefore made a list of various fun things to do in the rain, and rather imaginatively titled it: "Fun things to do in the rain"- It goes as follows:
- Drive through puddles
- Jump in puddles
- Go for a run (surprisingly enjoyable)
- Buy a nice pair of wellies
- Have an indoor picnic
- Watch the Olympics
- Enjoy it with a glass of wine from the warmth of your own home
- Sing (if it's good enough for Bing Crosby)
- Go to a festival - it always rains at them anyway
- Read a book
- Watch a box set from start to finish
- Enjoy the sun when it finally surfaces
And finally... rejoice that at least the hose pipe ban has been lifted!