Upload the featured image here!
Sellick Partnership's history
We are currently enjoying our 16th year in business, having celebrated a number of milestones along the way. We have seen substantial growth over the years; from our first office in Manchester in 2002 to celebrating our 15th anniversary last year - proving ourselves to be an established leader in professional services recruitment.
Why not take a look at our company timeline as we look over the successes and milestones since our formation in 2002.
- 2002 – Jo Sellick and his business partners establish Sellick Partnership and open our head office on King Street in Manchester with just a computer, telephone and a list of the 250 biggest companies in the North West.
- 2003 – Jo Sellick opens our first regional office in Newcastle after celebrating revenues of £1 million in our first year in operation. In the same year we also employed seven full time staff taking our headcount to ten.
- 2004 – Hannah Cottam and Marianne Sellick establish our Legal division which has now become one of the top performing legal recruitment teams in the country.
- 2005 – Our Manchester office grows and moves to new premises on Cross Street in Manchester and we open our second regional office in Stoke.
- 2006 – Hannah Cottam is appointed as Legal Director to oversee our growing Legal division which now employs 33 full time staff.
- 2007 – Our Manchester head office moves to its current location on Queen Street in the heart of Manchester city centre just a stones throw from the iconic Manchester Town Hall.
- 2008 – Ray Wareing and Hannah Cottam are appointed to the Board of Directors to help spearhead our continued growth. In the same year Jo Sellick hosts our first Manchester Professionals’ Cricket League in Manchester.
- 2009 – We become members of ASPCo (Association of Professional Staffing Companies) which recognises our excellent standards in the recruitment industry. We also open our Leeds and Derby offices headed up by Group Director Hannah Cottam and Group Director Nikki Kinsey respectively.
- 2010 – The Manchester Professionals’ Football League (MPFL) is founded by Group Director Ray Wareing and now runs annually in aid of St Ann’s Hospice in Manchester, with 24 teams from across Greater Manchester.
- 2011 – We celebrate a very successful year of fundraising through our established sporting events and the launch of our Midlands Football Tournament which brought our total to over £45,000. The Midlands Football Tournament now runs annually in aid of Derby based charity me&dee.
- 2012 – We expand our North West presence by opening our sixth office in Liverpool headed up by Group Director Ray Wareing and managed by Associate Director Abigail Day.
- 2013 – We celebrate being awarded Investors in People (IIP) Silver demonstrating our commitment to our employees and our unique and open culture.
- 2014 – We achieve our ISO: 9001: 2015 accreditation for the first time, reflecting our dedication to streamlining our internal processes and commitment to quality control to ensure the best possible outcomes for our stakeholders at every level.
- 2015 – We are recognised as one of 2015’s Best Workplaces™ in the UK by Great Place to Work® and our Derby office expands, moving to its current location at Donington House in Pride Park.
- 2016 – We continue growing organically and launch our Housing & Property Services and HR divisions headed up by Manager Claire Harrison and Manager Mark Croston respectively.
- 2017 – We celebrate 15 years in business and are ranked amongst the fastest growing companies in Europe by the Financial Times. Due to increased demand for our services we also begin to diversify further offering recruitment solutions in other sectors including Actuarial, Procurement and Change and Transformation.
- 2018 – We are recognised as one of the Best Workplaces™ in the UK by Great Place to Work® for the third time ranking 13th in the Medium Category, and achieve Investors in People Gold status. We also launch our new website and refresh the Sellick Partnership brand to help support our continued growth.