by Alice Cresswell-Hogg | 19 February 2016
Here is why you should have a LinkedIn profile:
- Everyone knows the saying ‘It’s not what you know but who you know’ and in this case it’s true. LinkedIn is a great way to connect to and build relationships with previous, present and potential colleagues and employers.
- LinkedIn is a excellent way to keep up to date on everything business related. You can gain information on who’s hiring from your connections and by following industry relevant people you can abreast with the latest market knowledge.
- It’s a great way to show off your skills and experience. LinkedIn is basically your online CV. Not to mention you can highlight your skills with endorsements from your connections and show off your expertise with testimonials from clients and colleagues which will all appear on your profile. Adding all this to your work history, education and contact information and you have the perfect online CV presented in a professional format.
- LinkedIn is also a great way to show people you know your market knowledge by sharing industry relevant updates which is a great way to keep your connections aware of you.
- If you are job hunting, LinkedIn in is a great tool to see what type of candidates your ideal employers hire, who is hiring, introducing yourself to potential hiring managers along with an abundance of other benefits.
LinkedIn really is an excellent tool for professionals whether you use it to secure your next role or to simply build relationships with your connections.
If you don’t have a LinkedIn profile and are looking to get one or you are just wanting to improve your online personal brand our website has some great advice in how to do just that which you can on our website with our Slideshare presentation!