by Hannah Cottam | 6 March 2018
The Recruitment International Top UK Recruiters 2017 guide is an industry respected guide of 850 recruitment agencies ranked by a number of metrics including turnover.
Out of the 850 recruitment agencies that were listed in the report Sellick Partnership ranked at number 158. More interestingly, we ranked second in the legal recruitment category, just behind the multinational recruitment firm, Hays, who came in at number one.
I am extremely proud of this achievement and I have spent a few weeks working with the legal teams across the business to fully understand why we have been ranked so highly, and ultimately why we are so much better than our competition.
Below I have listed my top 10 reasons why I think we have placed so well. To keep it interesting, I have done this in reverse order – starting at number 10!
10. We cover the whole of England and Wales from three offices in Manchester, Leeds and London. We are specialist, niche, experienced legal recruiters in our markets.
9. We have been working in these markets since 2004 – a full 14 years with 85 percent of the teams (30 in legal recruitment across three offices) having worked in the business for more than five years ensuring continuity of services for our clients and candidates.
8. We operate across all niche sectors within legal – private practice, public sector and in-house legal recruitment – providing a full legal recruitment service for our clients. No matter what our clients’ requirements, they know they can talk to us and trust in our experience.
7. We have invested heavily in our infrastructure over the last three years – our payroll systems and teams, as well as our IT databases and telecoms systems are all the best available in the market ensuring we can operate extremely efficiently.
6. Our long-standing working relationships with clients and candidates – we have been working with the same clients and candidates for more than 10 years. This is a true testament to the relationships that we strive to build with everyone we work with.
5. We invest in our locums and permanent candidates in terms of their careers – we regularly ask for feedback on our service to help us continuously improve. In 2017, we ran six CPD sessions, four training career workshops specifically designed for the legal market, and we met with over 350 candidates and clients over the course of the year to support the work they do.
4. We invest in the training and development of all Sellick Partnership employees – not just our recruitment consultants but also our support staff. In 2017, we facilitated over 3,000 hours of training for our employees, we took the business to Majorca for a team building weekend to say thanks for all their hard work, we offered four employees flexible working arrangements and we pay above average commissions in return for their hard work.
Now for the top three reasons we are ranked so highly…
3. Our team.
2. Our team.
1. Our team.
Put simply, the legal recruitment teams at Sellick Partnership are outstanding.
- They are performance-driven, finding solutions to problems for their candidates and clients.
- They are purpose-driven, knowing what they need to do for their markets.
- They are principles-led, sticking to a highly ethical method of working, which brings candidates and clients back to us time and again.
The team are supportive, highly successful, driven and possess a gentle competitive edge which continues to keep everybody motivated.
I feel extremely lucky to be part of such a dynamic, energetic and successful group of legal recruitment specialists, and look forward to the next 14 years doing business with both my existing team and also new recruits as we continue to grow.
The legal teams across Sellick Partnership are amazing and I would like to personally congratulate them on this excellent external acknowledgement of their commitment and hard work.
For more information on how you can get involved with our business as a recruiter, or how to register with us as a client or candidate, please contact Hannah Cottam at email@example.com or call Hannah on 0161 834 1642.