by Alice Cresswell-Hogg | 27 June 2018
The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) North West Branch Annual Conference and Gala Dinner is taking place on Thursday 28 June 2018 and Friday 29 June 2018 at the Hilton Hotel in Blackpool. Sellick Partnership is delighted to be exhibiting once again.
The theme for this year’s conference is ‘Building for the Future’ and one I think is well-suited with it being a running theme in the headlines so far this year. The programme for the two day event is packed with fantastic speakers and workshops focusing on not only the challenges of the NHS but also personal development as NHS professionals.
As I’m sure many of you know HFMA is the leading professional body for finance experts in the healthcare sector making this a well-attended conference for the NHS. This year HFMA have opened the delegate list to all professionals from a range of support functions including HR, Procurement and Information Management & Technology (IM&T) to compliment the programme of working as a team across all disciplines.
The conference is not only an excellent opportunity to hear from well-established and reputable speakers in the sector, but to also network with healthcare professionals alike to work towards a common goal through sharing ideas and challenging one another.
The conference will be opened with a welcome speech on Thursday morning from HFMA North West Branch Chairman, John Graham, which will then be followed by a full day of talks and workshops:
- Minimum Wage Legislation – Gary Hull CTA, Associate Director, People Advisory Services, E&Y and Brian Cooper CTA, Senior Manager, E&Y
- Future-Finance-Focused: The Strength of Four Strengths – Gayle Wells, Strategic Business Accountant, Merseyside Care NHS
- Manchester Local Care Organisation 2018 and Beyond – Mark Edwards, Chief Operating Officer, Manchester Local Care Organisation
- 4 in 40 – HFMA Award Winners
Thursday evening will begin with a drinks reception at 7pm followed by the prestigious awards ceremony and after dinner entertainment from Justin Moorhouse giving us ample opportunity to catch up with new and existing clients and candidates.
Following on from Thursday you can expect another great day of talks on Friday with the following topics on the agenda so far:
- HFMA President – Alex Gild, Director of Finance, Performance and Information at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Resilience – Chris Harrop, Programme Lead, MIAA Solutions
- Diversity in the Workplace – Asif Sadiq MBE, Head of Diversity, E&Y
- Unlocking Support and Expertise from Higher Education to Solve Wicked Problems Across Health and Social Care – Dr David Evans, Lecturer in Healthcare Sciences, Improvement and Innovation, Bangor University
- Culture of Empowerment - Linda Moir, former Head of Event Services for the London 2012 Olympics
Being well-established in our markets, Abigail Day, Associate Director, Stephanie Tasker, Principal Consultant and Alice Cresswell-Hogg, Public Sector Recruitment Consultant will be exhibiting at the conference and attending the Gala Dinner to represent Sellick Partnership. We will be based in the main room next to the entrance so make sure you stop by and take part in our Contact Card Drop and ‘Beat the Buzzer’ buzzwire game.
If you are attending, please be sure to visit our stand to find out about the bespoke recruitment services that we offer but to also be in with the chance of winning some great prizes including a Veuve Clicquot picnic hamper, a Hotel Chocolat hamper or a bottle of wine.
We look forward to seeing you there and in the meantime should you require any support please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Register your CV