by Sellick Partnership | 17 April 2019
Finance & Accountancy professionals need to have their finger on the pulse and remain up-to-date with relevant industry news in order to stay ahead of the pack. This is especially important if you are currently looking for a new Finance & Accountancy job or are thinking about a career move. Take a look at our list of what we think are the top Finance & Accountancy Twitter feeds that will keep your knowledge current and up-to-date, and help you secure your next Finance & Accountancy job opportunity.
If you are looking to get ahead in your next career move, then it is important not to overlook one key element of your interview preparation, an up-to-date knowledge of current affairs. Most employers, particularly in the Finance & Accountancy sector, expect their candidates to be aware of the latest trends, topical news and expert analysis of issues that are affecting the industry. Without this awareness, job seekers could be doing themselves a disservice when compared to others competing for the same role.
With over 270 million users, Twitter brings together some of the leading thinkers, writers, and doers in the Finance & Accountancy sector and is the perfect platform to network, share ideas, swap stories and read the latest news and goings on in the sector. To help you tap quickly into the Twitter pulse, we have listed the top Finance & Accountancy Twitter accounts you should follow in 2019.
If there is a key account that you think we have missed, get in touch and let us know!
2. @CIMA_News – CIMA is the world's largest professional body of management accountants that also offers business finance qualifications. Its feed shares news about events and training opportunities, articles and inspirational quotes.
3. @paullewismoney – Paul Lewis is a financial journalist, broadcaster and public speaker. He shares news articles and commentary, as well as his own views on current events.
5. @ICAEW – The official Twitter account from global membership body ICAEW provides insights, industry news and in-house updates about events, training and issues affecting the Finance & Accountancy profession.
6. @RichardJMurphy – Richard is an author, Chartered Accountant and professor of Practice in International Political Economy at the University of London. He writes and tweets about taxation and accounting issues, offering commentary and insights.
7. @ACCA_UK – The official Twitter feed of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)'s UK National Office shares upcoming events and training opportunities, as well as tweeting articles from the official ACCA magazine.
10. @FinancialTimes – The Twitter feed from the Financial Times posts breaking news and shares the latest articles from the publication. Expect news, insights and commentary on finance, business, politics, banking and more.
11. @CityAM – As the physical copy of the City AM newspaper is only available in London, those interested in finance and business news can use the publication’s Twitter feed to keep up-to-date with the latest goings-on in the sector.
12. @EdConwaySky – Ed Conway is the economics editor of Sky News and a columnist for The Times, and his impressive following of nearly 100k followers shows he is an excellent source of commentary and insight.
15. @D_Blanchflower – If you are interested in financial and political news from the United States then Danny Blanchflower, former member of the Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee, is a great account to follow for insights and commentary.
We have been placing experienced Finance & Accountancy professionals into roles since 2002, so if you are looking for a new opportunity, or eager to kick-start your career in finance then we will be able to help. Get in touch with one of our expert Finance & Accountancy Consultants today.
Or, if you are interested to find out how else you can use social media to your advantage as you search for your next role, visit our resources page for candidates here.