Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£30000 - £40000 per annum
8 months ago
Sellick Partnership have an exciting opportunity for a number of Qualified Accountants to join a market leading professional services organisation based in Newcastle.
The successful candidate will assist with the delivery of Statutory, Regulatory and Management reporting requirements for a diverse range of public and private sector clients.
This opportunity will enable you to play a key role in helping clients to comply with their increasingly complex reporting requirements and allow you to develop your own reporting knowledge within a new and expanding team
- Assist the Accounting Compliance and Reporting team in providing advice to help resolve technical accounting issues
- Assist with the development and implementation of effective accounting and reporting solutions and improve their effectiveness
- Implement and ensure timely compliance with new or revised accounting standards and regulatory change
- Work within the Accounting Compliance and Reporting teams to help deliver financial information on time and to improve reporting processes
- Preparation of statutory accounts, management accounts and regulatory returns
- Assist in the creation, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive accounting policy and procedure documentation to improve clarity and consistency of reporting
- Assist in the development of reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- ACA / CA / ACCA qualified or equivalent would be desirable. Alternatively, for the successful individual there may be the opportunity to study for an ACCA accounting qualification
- Some experience of local authority accounting regulation, IFRS, and/or new UK GAAP gained within the reporting arena
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office and other desktop applications
- A real desire to develop your technical skills by working within our centre of excellence
- Assertive and proactive approach to the delivery / implementation of client engagements
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills: written, presentation and influencin
- Analytical capability, attention to detail
- Ability to utilise research effectively and explain complex subjects in a clear manner
- Experience of MSNav would be beneficial
If you are interested please apply, or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.