West Midlands, England
Sellick Partnership are recruiting for an Accountant to join a well-established West Midlands based Council for the next 2 months minimum.
Duties of the Accountant will be specified by the Financial Cycle Team Managers against an agreed plan and will focus on the delivery of quality accountancy services to customers, officers and members.
Duties of the Accountant will include:
- Playing a key role working alongside the Financial Cycle team managers in completing the final accounts process and producing the Accounting Statement
- Ensuring the revenue and capital management accounts closedown is completed in accordance with the timetable and statutory requirements
- Providing technical accountancy support on both revenue and capital issues
- Providing monthly management accounts
- Lead on the production of annual published accounts
- Maintaining the financial transactions within the Council's asset register
- Completing statutory returns
The suitable candidate will have the following:-
- Fully qualified Accountant (Current Member of CCAB or equivalent body)
- Experience of year-end accounting closedown and producing accounting statements based on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs)
- Recent experience of preparing VAT returns and providing VAT advice, guidance and interpretation in order to ensure compliance with relevant legislation
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Alex Rowland.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice