Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£50000 - £59000 per annum
over 1 year ago
The successful candidate will be a Qualified Accountant + 3 /- 4 PQE and will be comfortable working under minimal supervision. With financial modelling being an important part of this role an analytical mindset is a vital attribute for the succesful candidate.
- Overall co-ordination of production of statutory accounts for the group (approximately 21 companies) including management of relationship with external auditors.
- Consolidation of monthly results to US parent in US GAAP. We have very little differences between IFRS and US GAAP and can receive guidance from the Finance team in US so whilst US GAAP experience is a desirable it is not a show stopper.
- Responding to any queries from Executive and parent company on monthly results.
- Interpretation of any changes to accounting standards both IFRS and US GAAP, again see point on US GAAP above.
- Modelling of annual goodwill Impairment tests. Strong in excel and financial assumptions is key, we can provide training on regulatory implications.
- Co-ordination, review and control of consolidated 10 year plans.
- Lead on any new financing requirements, however we also have others with experience of recent debt issuances done in 2019.
- Provision of financial assistance/guidance/modelling to our smaller subsidiaries (contracting, meter rental and gas exploration).
- Part of team involved in evaluation of business development opportunities, however this tends to be an ad-hoc task that may not be required.
- Consolidation of monthly forecasts.
- Provision of information for quarterly US SEC reporting.
- Production of information/papers for board meetings as required.
- Qualified accountant with minimum 4 years post qualification experience.
- Management of teams/tasks.
- Good communication.
- Ability to deal with people of many levels including executive.
- Strong excel, PowerPoint and word experience.
- Modelling experience to be able to build and validate inputs and outputs.
- Strong ability to produce written reports.
- Work under tight deadlines.
- Desirable - US GAAP knowledge
- Desirable - treasury knowledge
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.