Durham, County Durham
14 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accountant to join an independent firm of Financial Planners during a period of sustained growth. Based in County Durham, and easily accessible from Durham City Centre, the organisation offer bespoke solutions across a vast range of clients across the North East, and are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate in assisting in the excellent customer service delivered.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the responsibilities of the Accountant include:
* Reconcile all income the business receives from its clients in the Intelligent Office client management database system.
* Prepare month end reports and annual reports from Intelligent Office.
* Complete the FCA Gabriel report which is submitted twice a year.
* Record all new business submitted and confirm ongoing fees are actually collected and are paid at the correct rate.
* Produce Ad Hoc invoices and send to clients for payment.
* Monitor and check the value of funds under management by the firm.
* Obtain invoices from all suppliers, record these and enter them in Sage software.
* Liaise with the firms accountant each month to help prepare management accounts.
* Liaise with the firms accountant each quarter to help complete and submit the firms VAT return
* Liaise with the firms accountant to ensure the firms Ltd Company accounts and returns are submitted on time each year.
* Liaise with the firms accountant to ensure the firms Payroll is prepared and reported to HMRC each month.
* Ensure the firms Pension Scheme contributions are correct and paid on time each month.
* Update historical spreadsheets the firm keeps to monitor its ongoing performance and provide Management Information as to how the firm is performing.
* Produce periodic (at least monthly) forecasting reports to ensure the firm remains cash rich,
* Identify when team members bonuses become due and fair.
* Help identify scopes for cost savings and introduce money makers where possible.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the smooth running of a successful finance function, and be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
Our client is offering a competitive salary depending on experience, as well as am excellent pension contribution and 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas close down.
If you are interested in this position please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website