£32234 - £33782 per annum
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Permanent Accountant for an ambitious, forward thinking Public Sector organisation with strong values and a culture of doing their absolute best.
The organisation has transformed the way it works in response to financial challenges from reducing funding. Rather than just focussing on cutting spending, we have reshaped the organisation to make it more business focussed and introduced different delivery vehicles to deliver efficiencies and improve performance. By doing so we have created a strong financial position with a flexible and dedicated workforce to deliver to Newark and Sherwood residents the excellent Council services they deserve.
Duties and responsibilities of the Accountant -
- Report to the Assistant Business Manager
- Be responsible for all Financial Services work for one or more of the directorates
- Handle budget setting and monitoring
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual Statement of Accounts
- Support with the wider activities of the Financial Services section
The Accountant will be -
- Preferably CCAB-qualified
- Experience of Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Essential experience of working in local government finance.
- You will have good numerical skills and be highly PC literate
- Able to prioritise workloads whilst meeting strict deadlines, work with minimal supervision and communicate financial information to all levels of staff
- A competitive salary and workplace pension
- A generous annual leave entitlement that increases with service
- Flexible working and the opportunity to combine home working with office working
- In addition to this, you will also be joining a friendly, welcoming and experienced team