£300 - £500 per day
5 months ago
4 - 6 months
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Permanent Accountant for an ambitious, forward thinking Public Sector organisation with strong values and a culture of doing their absolute best.
The organisation has transformed the way it works in response to financial challenges from reducing funding. Rather than just focussing on cutting spending, we have reshaped the organisation to make it more business focussed and introduced different delivery vehicles to deliver efficiencies and improve performance. By doing so we have created a strong financial position with a flexible and dedicated workforce to deliver to Newark and Sherwood residents the excellent Council services they deserve.
Duties and responsibilities of the Accountant -
- Report to the Assistant Business Manager
- Be responsible for all Financial Services work for one or more of the directorates
- Handle budget setting and monitoring
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual Statement of Accounts
- Support with the wider activities of the Financial Services section
The Accountant will be -
- Preferably CCAB-qualified
- Experience of Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Essential experience of working in local government finance.
- You will have good numerical skills and be highly PC literate
- Able to prioritise workloads whilst meeting strict deadlines, work with minimal supervision and communicate financial information to all levels of staff
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.