Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
£37000 - £41000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership is working with a North East based local authority to appoint an experienced Accountant on a permanent basis. This is a a fantastic organisation with a reputation for being one of the most entrepreneurial, forward thinking and ambitious councils in the country.
- To provide professional financial advice and relevant, accurate and timelyinformation to support the strategic planning process and operational management.
- To represent the Strategic Director, Resources and Digital at meetings and workingparties as required and to provide professional financial advice and relevant,accurate and timely information to assist the strategic planning process andoperational management.
- To assist in monitoring, control and management of the financial resources of theCouncil and associated bodies in line with statutory obligations, standing orders andfinancial regulations in order to ensure proper public accountability.
- To carry out research and prepare reports and briefing notes as required.
- To assist in the development, operation and maintenance of financial informationsystems, to maximise potential use and improve the flow and quality of financialinformation.
Knowledge and experience:
- Local government financial environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and organise own workload
- Ability to manage workloads within tight deadlines
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of internal and external clients
- Comprehensive working knowledge of using financial accounting systems andoffice-based software packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Emailapplications
- CCAB part or fully qualified
- Access to Local Government Pension
- Flexible working
- Other employee benefits:
- Travel season tickets
- Access to the corporate health shield
- Cycling to work scheme
- Vectis staff offers
The business offers significant support and encourage employees to have a good work / life balance. They are one of a small number of North East employers to have achieved four years of the Continuing Excellence level of the North East Better Health at Work Award.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.