An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accountant within a well-established business in Liverpool on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director the Accountant's responsibilities will include:
- Producing financial reporting management information and accompanying commentary on a monthly basis for the Directors
- Ensuring that the financial implications of all decisions have been considered, and approved decisions are translated into the business planning process
- Preparing forecasts and reports on a regular or ad hoc basis to meet the needs of internal customers and stakeholders, within agreed timescales
- Managing the detailed business planning of the business, liaising with Financial Accounting Manager, Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer and other key stakeholders
- Managing the liquidity of the business unit and be responsible for the day to day cash-flow, ensuring sufficient cash is available to meet all expenditure requirements
- Producing year end statutory accounts and supporting documents for Group Financial Accountant and external audit
- Undertaking ad-hoc projects required by the Financial Accounting Manager, Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer
- Monitoring cost to complete reconciliations, meeting on a regular basis to challenge quantity surveyors on accuracy of cost to complete
- Mangaging relationships with the business units external bankers and their corporate banking team
The Accountant's essential key skills/experience must include:
- Qualified to at least CCAB finalist level or by experience
- Proven track record of building successful relationships with managers
- Ability to influence, negotiate and challenge
- Ability to present financial information to a variety of audiences
- Strong analytical skills
- Commercially aware with a focus on continuous improvement and the ability to drive change
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
The successful individual will have a commercial focus and enjoy ownership of an around role. The role will also offer an exciting opportunity to directly with the Managing Director and senior management team of a smaller business unit whilst have the support of a wider finance team and department.
You will also benefit from a good work life balance working a 35 hour week with flexible working hours and good benefits. The role will offer autonomy with a high level overview of the business. You will also has the ability to develop strengthen your career. This is an excellent opportunity for a strong accountant who is looking to make a role their own.
Candidates without the essential criteria will not be reviewed for this position.
Please apply now should you have the relevant experience.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment, offering temporary, contract and permanent solutions. Over the last decade we have built up an enviable relationship with key employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation, making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
For the latest industry news, views and jobs follow our LinkedIn page www.linkedin.com/company/sellick-partnership
Sellick Partnership's new website is now live! Featuring a bold new look and streamlined navigation, you'll also enjoy a more personalised experience. Visit us now.