West Midlands, England
£37000 - £43000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are exclusively recruiting for an Accountant to lead on Treasury for a well-established Local Authority based in the West Midlands on a permanent basis.
The purpose of the Accountant will be to focus on new ideas, improvement and innovation for the organisation. You will be the decision maker on all strategic thinking and planning for the Treasury function and to act up as the Treasury expert across the Finance department.
Duties of the Accountant will include:
- Supporting in developing a more commercial approach and identifying how treasury management options and opportunities can assist
- Providing advice and support on any potential non-financial investments and ensuring that the treasury management strategy is appropriately developed over time
- Identification and maintenance of appropriate investments
- Managing debt to ensure that adequate financing is available for planned investment activity
- Planning and managing cash flow to optimise returns
The suitable candidate will have the following:
- A Full CCAB (or CIMA) accounting qualification
- Experience of Investment and debt management
- Experience of money markets, cash management and long term financing
- Public Sector experience is desirable but not essential
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact email@example.com.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice