Newcastle upon Tyne
Up to £35000 per annum
7 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of an Accounting and Reporting Executive for a large Professional services firm based in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. The client believe in being an inclusive employer and aims to allow employees to achieve the right balance in work and in their personal life offering flexible working arrangements and more.
This is an office based role in which and so most of direct client interaction is done over the phone. Although there are many opportunities to get involved in client proposals / pitches and be involved in run on-site review / training sessions with some clients.
- Tagging (mapping) data in the accounts to a "taxonomy", a dictionary of accounting terms, and applying additional attributes to those tags
- The FSO Tax (GDS)team in Bangalore do the initial data entry / tagging and the first level review. The UK team add a further layer of UK quality review / sense check and interact with client handlers (FSO tax managers) and clients directly
- Manage own portfolio of clients and progress work with limited supervision from the manager with the help of the Manager should you need it
- Would be required to work on email, Skype and telephone as client handlers are based in London, Leeds, Edinburgh and Dublin
Essential Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Strong working knowledge of iXBRL tagging is required and a thorough understanding of accounts
- Minimum of two years' experience in an accounting department so, Assurance, Accounting Compliance and Reporting, iXBRL processor, Financial Accounting Advisory Services or something similar
- A thorough understanding of UK and Irish GAAP / IFRS accounts and a solid appreciation of the relevant Financial Reporting standards
- Although the client is looking for someone on a full-time, permanent basis, there is no reason why this couldn't be a job share / part time position and there is scope for flexible hours / other flexible arrangements, as long as the candidate can be available by phone / Same time throughout the times they are working
If this position is of interest please apply, or contact Jo Sellick at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role