£22000 - £25000 per annum
6 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently assiting a reputable business with the recruitment of an Accounts Assistant.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful Accounts Assistant will be responsible for:
- Analyse together with the Financial Controller monthly and quarterly closing and yearly the financial books for site
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Support in calculating and issuing financial and operating metrics
- Support in setting up and maintaining reports in SAP analytics cloud
- Support projects from finance/controlling perspective
- Support in proceeding of month-end closing processes in AS400/SAP
- Prepare together with the Financial Controller several corporate information packages for corporate overhead
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Support providing accurate accounting information within challenging time frames
- Operate in a flexible manner in a dynamic and complex manufacturing and sales environment
- AAT Level 2+
- Strong numeric and analytical skills and capable of analysing processes
- Broad accounting knowledge due to non-standard accounting entries (or willing to learn)
- Familiar with various software applications, experience with SAP is a preference
- Being able to make independent interpretations; draw conclusions and propose solutions
- Good communication skills with all levels of colleagues
- Flexibility, pro-active and problem solving
- Focus on continuous improvement due to frequent adjustments/improvements of the organisation, procedures and tools
For more information please contact Maz Williams at Sellick Partnership, Newcastle.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.