£19000 - £22000 per annum + AAT study support
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are exclusively recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join a growing SME in Sandbach, Cheshire. The Accounts Assistant will support all aspects of the Accounts function to ensure smooth and efficient accounting service is provided to the business and its affiliated companies.
Duties of the Accounts Assistant include:
- Processing all purchase invoices as they come in, after obtaining approval from the responsible person and having followed the Purchase Order Processes.
- Maintaining the purchase ledger in terms of processing invoices, creating potential runs, once paid marking as paid. Performing monthly supplier statement reconciliations.
- Maintaining the day to day cash flow spreadsheet of the business and forward planning of case with the Financial Controller.
- Posting the bank payments and reconciling the bank.
- Working with the Financial controller to produce monthly Management Accounts and Balance Sheets
- Checking of Company Credit Card statements against receipts, separating between various nominal codes and splitting for VAT.
- Setting up new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details.
- Check and reconcile supplier statements to ensure all invoices are received.
- Check all financial transactions for accuracy.
- Preparing and processing weekly payment runs via BACS.
- Complete weekly / monthly supplier payment runs.
- Statement reconciliations.
- Maintain filing and archiving of invoices, supplier statements and other related paperwork.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Proven experience within a similar role
- AAT studying or qualified
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attitude and ambitious nature
Hours are 9am-5pm and study support will be provided. Interviews will be taking place immediately.
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Jemma Bailey.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice