Up to £17000 per annum
2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant for a well-known organisation based in Crewe. The candidate will be working on a fixed term contract covering maternity leave for a minimum of nine months, which will begin in the New Year.
They are looking for someone to perform timely and accurate production of sales and payment analysis and to produce relative management information systems.
Duties of the Accounts Assistant will include:
- Validate and post stores daily sales statements checking for, and correcting any errors
- Make initial enquiries to any cash discrepancies and report these to SOM and Risk Management
- Reconcile the cash/cheque and debit/credit card bank statements on a daily basis
- Analyse store petty cash information produced and resolve any queries arising
- Western Union daily reconciliation and payment raising
- Distributing and ordering store banking books
- Set up new store merchant numbers and associated banking materials
- Balancing bank accounts and processing journals for month end
- To receive each week/month, all relevant paperwork, petty cash, vouchers etc. from each store via internal post system
- Receive and validate all shopping vouchers from stores each month
- Reconcile and send for payment to the relevant companies
- Provide store support for any queries regarding banking, G4S, etc.
- Provide cover for holidays/absence within the team where needed
- Ad hoc tasks where required
The suitable candidate will have the following:
- Some previous experience in a finance role
- Strong Microsoft and Excel skills
- Good organisation and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail
If you feel that you match the criteria to this job and are interested in the position, please apply now for immediate consideration or contact Sarah Childs for more information.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice