Salford, Greater Manchester
£19773 - £22490 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are exclusively recruiting to a Accounts Assistant post, working for an established organisation in Salford. his is a varied role, so no two days will be the same and you will be working within a fun and friendly team. You will work closely with our external payroll provider to ensure that all staff are paid correctly and on time, ensuring queries are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
Day to day duties of the Payroll Officer role includes:
- Reconcile the college bank accounts on a daily basis
- Handling, balancing and posting cash transactions and so will be perfectly involved to manage our petty cash and advances within the organisation.
- Advise staff on payroll and pay related issues.
- To assist with posting and reconciling bank accounts, including the investigation of discrepancies.
- To aid with the recording and collection of all income, ensuring secure storage of all cash items.
- To assist with the issue, reconciliation and audit of petty cash claims and cash advances.
- Responsibility for maintenance, recording, reimbursement and reconciliation of floats and disseminating training
- Responsible for usage of PDQ machines and maintenance of PCI DSS compliance
- Work with the payroll provider to meet strict deadlines for monthly payments to staff and other external agencies. Maintain, input and validate the monthly pay runs efficiently and accurately, including variable data such as overtime, mileage and expenses
- Work with the payroll provider to meet strict deadlines for the production of accurate and timely Year-End reporting
- Banking cheques received through the post and recording the cheques
- Assist with maintaining the central petty cash float, including the reimbursement of other floats
- Raising journals at month end to record transactions so expenditure is posted to the appropriate budget codes
- Ensuring that financial procedures are adhered to with particular regard to authorisation and payment of expenses and petty cash claims.
- Be the primary contact for the day to day payroll administration function, and deal with ad-hoc queries from staff and external agencies
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Accounts Assistant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.