Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
£18000 - £22000 per annum
about 1 year ago
I am currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant on behalf of an excellent Client in Gateshead.
The successful Accounts Assistant will be AAT Level 3+ aswell as being a team player who is eager to develop and progress.
- Processing purchase invoices and creation of supplier payments.
- Maintaining sales invoicing system to produce invoices and statements.
- Credit control
- Reconciliation of credit card statements.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Assistance with monthly management accounts including preparation of journals.
- Ensuring timely and accurate submission of expenses for processing.
- Assisting Finance team with gathering and analysing data for reporting purposes.
- Setting up new customers, ensuring all documentation is completed correctly.
- Organisation and filing of finance documents, including maintaining computer filing system.
- Providing general admin support to the Finance department.
- Dealing with internal and external sales and purchase ledger queries.
- Maintenance of accurate accounting records for annual audit.
- Assistance in the preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience of working in a finance role.
- Experience of Microsoft Excel.
- Enthusiasm, positive approach and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Desire to study towards an accountancy qualification.
- Eager to develop and progress
- Be diligent, with strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Well organised and process orientated
- Team player with a collaborative approach and a positive, outgoing personality
- Self-starter with strong self-management and time management skills
- Birthday day off
- Regular socials
- Employee of the month
- Pension scheme
- Skills development
- Progression opportunities
- Employee bonus scheme
- Cycle to work
If interested please contact Maz Williams at Sellick Partnership for more details.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.