Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
£20000 - £23000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership have been engaged to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join a dynamic, e-commerce, market leader, based in south Manchester. This exciting opportunity is available following an internal promotion, and is broad and all-encompassing role, providing exposure to reporting into a larger Plc Group function. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual to develop in a dynamic organisation.
The key responsibility of this Accounts Assistant role is to oversee the daily management of the purchase and sales ledgers, supporting the wider finance team with any ad-hoc requirements.
* Ensure all intercompany control accounts are fully reconciled on a daily basis
* Carry out regular CHAPS payments in line with completions rota
* Carry out bank reconciliations to complete the reconciliation process
* Follow full purchase order process and liaise with third parties
* Keying of bank payments and preparation of supplier payment runs
* Deal with any invoice queries in line with company procedures
* Phone customers to chase overdue amounts, keeping an accurate log of all calls
* Assist the Management Accountant with the identification and improvement of controls and processes
The ideal Accounts Assistant will:
* Have previous experience in a similar Purchase Ledger/Sales Ledger role
* Have a strong understanding of basic accounting and VAT
* Ideally be AAT part/fully qualified
Excellent organisational and time management skills are essential, as is the ability to build relationships across the business. If you or anyone you know has the skills or experience required to hit the ground running in the Accounts Assistant role, please contact Sam Jeffrey at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.