£9 - £12 per hour
8 months ago
Sellick Partnership are working with a large and successful organisation in the Nottinghamshire area to recruit for an interim Accounts Payable Clerk. The role is on a 6 month contract basis.
Duties & responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Clerk:
To process Accounts Payable transactions, including:
- Posting supplier invoices and credit notes onto the university finance system, ensuring that payment terms and conditions are correctly applied and payments are made according to these terms. Includes ensuring that the correct authorisation is applied via the purchase order system or by exception via manual authorisation. Also, that the correct VAT treatment is applied.
- Logging invoices and credit notes onto the system where an order is not specified and liaising with the purchasing agents and other internal contacts in order to progress invoices for payment.
- Processing payment requests from internal departments, ensuring that all required information and authorisation is received.
- Maintaining supplier creditor details on the finance system including liaison with any required internal departments and the supplier.
- Regularly reconciling supplier statements and resolving queries in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring that purchasing card transactions are accurately loaded to the system at the end of the month and that any errored records are corrected.
- Ensuring that any payments made manually are accurately posted on to the finance system.
- Providing any required information requested by members of the Finance Department relating to the status of items in the purchase ledger or related items such as purchase orders or purchase requisitions.
- Assist in providing support across 3 main functions (pay, payments and reconciliation), covering payment processing, VAT returns, BACS processing, bank reconciliation, insurance claim handling and more
- Input, check and maintain accurate records using corporate electronic systems and spreadsheets
- Using financial systems to undertake financial administration, such as processing payments and reconciliations
- Undertake duties whilst dealing with interruptions, queries and conflicting demands arising from customer queries and requests, ensuring strict deadlines are met
- Undertake telephone duties, dealing politely with customers, providing them with information and guidance
The successful Accounts Payable Clerk will have:
- Accounts Payable experience
- Previous exposure to a Finance function
- Experience of working to and meeting strict deadlines
- Good working knowledge of computer based systems including Microsoft Office
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and verbal formats with members of the public, other employees and external organisation
- An excellent work ethic and able to work in a close-knit team environment
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Nicole Graley at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.