Washington, Tyne and Wear
11 months ago
I am currently working with an excellent client who are looking for an Accounts Payable Manager on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be an experienced AP Manager / Senior Accounts Payable who could hit the ground running and have a real impact on the entire function.
The business is facing many changes in the coming months, and these will present the right candidate with the opportunity to have a real effect on the shape of the AP function within the organisation, as well as having a significant impact on the success of the business as a whole.
- Accept and record invoices received from suppliers.
- Distribute invoices to relevant colleagues for approval.
- Ensure invoices are entered on to the accounting systems accurately, and with relevant coding required.
- Process payment recommendations, and process payment runs accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure Accounts Payable function is managed in line with company policy.
- Assist and support management and colleagues in setting up, documenting and managing processes in the accounting function in general, and specifically in relation to AP.
- Provide Support in dealing with internal and external audits, and production of statutory accounts.
- Assist in preparation of VAT returns.
- Manage relationship with key suppliers and vendors, including reconciliation of vendor statements.
- Manage Direct Debit and Standing Order payments and ensure that they are relevant and recorded accurately.
- Assist in management of staff expenses/credit card administration.
- Assist with cashflow projections.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Experience of a similar role is required (ideally at least 4+years).
- Candidate must have a track record of success/involvement in operating within a changing organisation (i.e systems, procedures, structure etc.)
- AAT (or equivalent) qualification would be beneficial, but not compulsory.
If you would like to find out more please contact Maz Williams at Sellick Partnership for more information.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.