Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £21000 per annum
2 months ago
Due to an exciting period of change, a well-established public sector organisation based in Manchester is currently looking to appoint an Accounts Receivable Officer on a permanent basis to join their finance team.
As Accounts Receivable Officer, you will support the Receivable Team leader and be responsible for:
- Processing sales invoices through the core financial system, whilst working towards a completely paperless service
- Regularly running aged debtor and ensuring all balances are actively chased by the debt owner
- Ensuring statements are remitted, and electronically as far as practicable
- Completing rent write ons as required (reversal of a write off)
- Identify improvements and report them to the Accounts Receivable Team leader
- Contacting any customers who pay by cheque and requesting electronic payments
- Opening and distributing the wider team's post on a rota basis with other AP and AR team members.
- Investigating items posted to suspense accounts and reallocating them to the correct tenant's account.
- Working towards all housing benefit schedules being uploaded automatically by regular communication with local authorities
- Running the rent interfaces between the core housing and financial systems are completed and fully reconciled on a periodic basis
- Promptly scanning and filing of documents as required
- Raising intercompany invoices, including development income and arranging prompt settlement
- Processing customer card payments
As Accounts Receivable Officer you will have the following skill set:
- Use of full range of Microsoft Office, with specific knowledge in Excel
- Ability to complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner when working under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication
- Effective liaison with staff/other stakeholders to give information/find information/resolve problems
- Organisation and ability to time-manage work load
- Able to deliver a high standard of customer service
- The ability to develop and project a positive image of the company through personal, written and oral skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Officer to join a company with a supportive, well established team will unrivalled opportunities. Our client also offers excellent pension, holidays and flexible working.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Accounts Receivable Officer role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.