£32000 - £36000 per annum + additional benefits
Sellick Partnership are recruiting for an award-winning Accountancy Practice in Derby who are looking to grow their Accounts team and require an experienced Accounts Senior.
This firm pride themselves on their progressive opportunities and the extensive development and flexibility they offer to all of their staff. Therefore, if you are looking for a supportive and growing business, I would highly recommend this firm to all Practice Accountants.
Duties of the Accounts Senior include:
- Full Accounts preparation - this will tend to be the larger, more complex jobs or the more sensitive clients.
- Working to a set budget for both time and fee, to produce accounts for clients from client's records.
- Follow up queries with the client where necessary information is missing or there are minor queries.
- Working from the client's records, to set up the files and then use discretion to decide in what order to work in completing/reconciling/balancing the information given, checking that relevant statutory payments have been made (e.g. VAT, PAYE returns) and extracting the appropriate totals for the accounts.
- Go through the work with the manager/partner, prior to sending the draft accounts to the client.
- On receipt of the client's answers to the queries raised, to make final adjustments to certify the accounts, input these onto the computer and print off a final set of accounts, for review by the manager and partner and signature by the client.
- Where appropriate, to calculate quarterly VAT returns and ensure they are paid.
- Assist other team members in own department with training they require.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts for a small number of clients, either on Sage, Xero or using Excel spreadsheets.
- Other ad hoc duties.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Proven experience within a similar role - essential
- Ideally ACA/ACCA studying or qualified. AAT or QBE candidates will also be considered if they have relevant experience (study support can be provided)
- Ambitious nature
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills
In return, the company is offering excellent benefits and a flexible working routine.
If you feel your experience matches this role's requirements please apply for immediate consideration. Interviews will be taking place ASAP.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice