City of London, London
£35000 - £40000 per annum
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently partnered with a leading General Insurer as they seek to recruit a new Actuarial Analyst to work across their Commercial Lines of business as part of an exciting recruitment drive.
This is an ideal role for an aspiring Actuary to join their skills with a genuine global leader whilst gaining exposure to a variety of processes including Reserving, Capital Modelling and Data Science.
Responsibilities of the Actuarial Analyst:
- Work on monthly and quarterly reserve reviews
- Create market-leading Management Information
- Update and monitor the internal capital model
- Conduct stress-testing of the internal capital model
- Apply Machine Learning techniques to the Reserving process suing open source Data Science tools
- Liaise with internal stakeholders from Claims / Finance / Pricing
Skills and experience of the Actuarial Analyst:
- 1 -2 years of Actuarial experience within the UK General Insurance industry would be highly advantageous
- Previous exposure to specialist software such as ResQ and Igloo
- An understanding of R / Python would be advantageous
- Demonstrable track record of conducting data analysis using SAS would be preferable
- 2.1 or above in a highly numeric degree (or equivalent) such as Maths or Physics
- Some progress in the IFoA exams
- Excellent communication skills
Rewards and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Full Actuarial study support
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Other assorted benefits
If this opportunity sounds like it could be of interest please apply below with your CV or contact Charlie Christian on 0151 224 1480.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.