City of London, London
about 1 year ago
Actuarial Analyst sought for a Major General Insurer based in Central London. This is an exciting time for our client, who are looking to expand their Actuarial Department.
The role will require the Actuarial Analyst to play a key role within the Commercial Pricing & Reserving team and will work closely with Underwriting, Finance and Claims teams.
The Actuarial Analyst will join a pro-active team and will play a key role in the evaluation of reserves and monitoring of claims trends, using a number of appropriate actuarial and statistical methods of analysis.
Responsibilities of the Actuarial Analyst:
- Conduct both regular and ad hoc Pricing analysis to assist Underwriting teams.
- Develop and maintain statistical models and MI reports.
- Present and communicate statistics and reports to Management.
- Model, interpret and monitor market trends - making recommendations to Underwriters and Senior Management.
- Develop the launch of new products with professional Actuarial input.
- Communicate and share ideas with other team members.
- Prepare data for capital modelling.
- Support Head of Actuarial and Chief Actuary.
- Will lead and provide support to a number of different functions: pricing, reserving, capital modelling.
Qualities of the Actuarial Analyst:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in Commercial Lines is preferred but not essential.
- Strong technical skills and experience using SAS and R or Python.
- Experience working on Motor products is preferred but not essential.
- 2:1 degree or above in a numerical degree and strong A-Levels
- 23 Days holiday
- Flexible Working
- Remote working up to 2 days per week
- Pension Scheme
If you are interested in the role please apply with your CV below or contact Josh Spencer on 0151 224 1480.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.