Actuarial Reserving Analyst
0151 224 1480
Reserving Analyst sought for a leading General Insurer who are looking to bolster their team following a period of sustained growth. Our client is looking for a confident and innovative aspiring Actuary seeking to develop a career in Personal Lines Insurance.
This role will see the Reserving Analyst oversee the monthly and quarterly Reserve reviews, build a variety of models using R and SAS and liaising extensively with internal stakeholders as a representative of the Actuarial function.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Reserving Analyst include:
- Providing actuarial analysis to support the assessment of capital requirement in respect of claims risks to support the delivery of the internal capital model.
- Developing tools to support business planning.
- Helping to support the quantification of the impact of COVID-19 on Motor lines of business.
- Produce timely and accurate actuarial management information that is relevant to stakeholders.
- Supporting the Head of Department in ensuring key controls are exercised to mitigate risks, including fraud and financial mis-statement, and that documentation is kept up to date and complete.
- Supporting the assessment of product profitability and the performance of the Intermediary Motor line of business.
Requirements of the Reserving Analyst:
- A mathematical or statistical degree graded at least 2:1.
- If working towards an IFoA Fellowship, Good progress should already have been made.
- Excellent I.T skills - SAS, VBA, Python and/or R would be preferable. Transferable I.T skills may be acceptable.
- Strong Communication skills are essential to be able to explain technical Actuarial concepts to non-technical teams.
- Excellent time keeping skills and the ability to work under pressure
Rewards and Benefits
- £30,000 - £45,000 salary
- Full Actuarial study support
- Flexible working available
- Excellent career progression
For further information, please apply below with your CV or contact Josh Spencer on 0151 224 1480
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.