City of London, London
£26 - £35 per hour + flexible working
0203 997 9255
Contract: 12 months+
Location: Central London (remote at the moment)
Rate: £26 - £35 (34 days holiday)
We have an excellent opportunity for Advisory Lawyers to join Central Government in a variety of Departments to work on interesting cases relating to current affairs, advising policy/ legislation development, judicial reviews, and working in a commercial, political and policy context.
The key requirements for the Advisory Lawyer role are:
- 3 years+ post qualified experience (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent)
- Strong legal experience in one of the below areas:
- Public Law
- EU Law
- Judicial Review
- Information Law
- Experience drafting policy legislation would also be highly desirable
The key responsibilities for the Advisory Lawyer would entail:
- Working in partnership with client colleagues to enable them to operate effectively within the law and achieve the best legal outcomes in the given context
- Meet agreed timetables for providing advice or documents
- Produce written work in plain English and which is legally sound and clear
- Provide advice which addresses policy aims and takes account of wider client department and policy;
- Provide constructive advice which develops solutions to legal problems
- Use the risk guidance when expressing advice on risk
- Litigation support:
- Working in partnership with client department colleagues, specialist litigators and other government departments to deal efficiently and professionally with legal cases to ensure the best legal outcome for the Department.
On Offer for the Advisory Lawyer Role:
- Central Government role
- 12 month contract with likely extension based on performance
- £26-£35 per hour
- Interesting cases/ work with a supportive team
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Xiomara Cabello in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.