City of London, London
£26 - £35 per hour + flexible working arrangements
about 1 month ago
Contract - Full-time - £26 £35 ph
About the Role:
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Advisory Lawyer to join a Central Government Legal Services team in Central London for a minimum of 1 year. The Advisory Lawyer will be working in a large team dealing with high quality work and covers a broad range of subjects. The team covers a range of general public law issues, including human rights, administrative law, freedom of information, as well as tax law.
The successful candidate for this Advisory Lawyer role will:
- Manage broad range of varied case work activities complying with policies, standards, procedures and service level agreements.
- Deal with complex and non-routine cases exercising appropriate levels of delegation and risk management.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensible case files.
- Co-ordinate all activities relating to the successful completion of the case including.
- Provide a legal service that addresses client needs from outset of each case through to case completion.
- Manage all aspects of the client relationship for each allocated case.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients demonstrating an understanding of tax/public, political and policy context including effective use of the relevant client care system.
The ideal candidate for this Advisory Lawyer role will have experience in:
- Reliable legal judgement and appreciation of legal risk
- Sound analysis of issues, using legal research
- Making evidence-based decisions
- Managing a quality service for clients
- Advising on tax and/or public law
- Full Legal qualification (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years PQE
We are looking for a highly motivated lawyer with strong oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills. You will be working as part of a team of lawyers based in London.
- 1 year minimum contract with highly likely extension
- Paid lunch break
- Central Government experience
- Central London location
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Mark Bladen in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.