Newcastle upon Tyne
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of an Applications Support Specialist to join a large public sector organisation based in Newcastle. This is a temporary position, due to last 2 months with the possibility for extension. Whilst there may be some need to visit work from the office on an adhoc basis, the role will be ultimately remote, and paying a salary equivalent of £28,000 to £32,000.
The post holder will manage the day to day running of a bespoke integrated database and Dynamics 365 CRM application and develop this to include delivery of tools to allow the extraction and visualization of text from structured and unstructured data sources.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful individual to contribute to the development and implementation of world-leading and high profile insight generation tools.
Responsibilities of the Application Support Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Manage the implementation of a bespoke database and Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM system, acting as the interface between the external developer and end users.
- Become an expert user of systems in order to support our business unit and needs.
- Contribute to the development of an in-house systems to allow extraction and visualization of data from structured and unstructured data sources.
- The management of stakeholder gateways to the data (e.g. customised dashboards and reports).
- Provide advice, assistance and support to in-house software developers, information specialists and analysts, to understand and visualise clinical and healthcare data from academic reports, social media, financial databases and patent filings.
- Might be required to contribute to the preparing and writing of research papers for publication, and disseminate the findings at conferences and seminars as required.
- Basic support of other Microsoft 365 products, such as Teams, Sharepoint, Excel, Word.
- Carry out other duties to support the Innovation Observatory as required by the senior management group
- MSc in Computer Science, IT or equivalent
- A good understanding and experience of using relational databases
- Substantial relevant experience of data extract using SQL and data visualisation.
- Experience of Dynamics365 CRM
- Experience of building dashboards using Power BI or similar application
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 package and the M365 admin functions
- Proven communication and presentational skills with the public and other non-academic audiences (e.g. customer facing work
If you are interested in this position please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.