Bradford, West Yorkshire
£23000 - £25000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are recruiting on behalf of an established not for profit client in Bradford. The role will involve providing key support to the Financial Analyst and Head of Financial Planning & Analysis in specified areas of the business.
Day to day duties of the Assistant Accountant role will include:
- Ensure management information is timely and accurate with clear interpretation to support sound business decisions
- Provide support to the business as a valued and trusted support team member
- Proactively supporting line management and operational managers, providing accurate, timely financial information and advice for a wide variety of projects
- Performing month end processes, variance analysis, reconciliations, budgeting and forecasting, ensuring compliance with internal and external regulatory standards.
- Reporting incidents of non-compliance with financial policy and escalating any concerns appropriately.
The Assistant Accountant role will require the following skills:
- Strong bookkeeping knowledge including treatment of VAT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Accuracy and keen attention to detail
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines within tight timescales
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Advanced Excel and IT skills
- Experience of variance analysis, budgeting and period end activities
- Experience of working with a variety of accounting and reporting systems.
- Reconciliations, use and interpretation of management information and KPIs
- Experience of working in a large organisation would be advantageous
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Accounts Assistant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.