£24000 - £30000 per annum + DOE
Due to an exciting period of change, a well-established public sector organisation based in Liverpool City Centre is currently looking to appoint an Assistant Accountant on a permanent basis to join their dynamic and growing finance team.
As Assistant Accountant, you will support the Finance Manager and be responsible for:
- Reconciling the balance sheet control accounts
- Assisting in the production of the monthly balance sheet reconciliation pack
- Reconciling and maintaining the fixed asset register
- Completing month end and year end journal entries
- Being the first point of contact for payroll accounting and pension administration queries
- Recording and reconciling the monthly payroll entries in the financial ledger
- Making payments for statutory payroll deductions to the relevant bodies
- Ensuring year end returns are submitted in accordance with HMRC deadlines
- Operating and maintaining the expenses system for the organisation ensuring all claims are paid correctly and any queries are resolved
As Assistant Accountant you will have the following skill set:
- Proven and extensive reconciliation experience
- Previous experience and knowledge of payroll administration
- Studying towards ACCA/ CIMA/ ACA or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills with both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Strong IT skills including advanced Excel
- Great attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join a company with a fast-paced culture and unrivalled opportunities, including study support you help you progress further within your finance career. Our client also offers excellent pension, 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and a flexible working pattern.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Assistant Accountant role, please apply now, or contact Alice Cresswell-Hogg at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.