£25000 - £30000 per annum + Study Package and Pension
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting an Assistant Accountant for an international, FTSE listed, market leading business in the South Manchester area. The organisation that we are representing are going through a major period of growth due to regular acquisitions and require a positive, vibrant individual with strong technical skills to join their finance team on a full-time, permanent basis. The successful Assistant Accountant will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills and insight, reporting into an experienced Finance Manager. The successful Assistant Accountant will be offered a full study package and support, assisting with any future career progression, in addition to an excellent pension, bonus scheme and free on-site parking.
The Role of the Assistant Accountant:
Once in the role, the successful Assistant Accountant will be responsible for the maintenance and administration of a multi-million pound asset register.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant will include:
* Handle weekly and monthly reconciliations to the Balance Sheet and Fixed Asset register.
* Assist in the production of the Board Pack and month end & weekly reporting.
* Reporting on stock count and handling any discrepancies or queries.
* Demonstrating strong Excel skills to assist with Balance Sheet reconciliations.
* Overseeing the full life-cycle of asset acquisition, through depreciation to disposal.
Experience & skills required:
* Strong IT skills; particularly Excel, with exposure to Pivot tables, V-Lookups, Sumifs and Variances.
* An exposure to or understanding of financial and management accounting.
* The ability to work in a fast paced, busy office environment and prioritise demands.
* Experience in Accruals and Prepayments and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
* A degree related to finance and accountancy or part-qualified Accountant (AAT, ACCA or CIMA).
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player, with effective communication skills which allow them to smoothly join an established team and hit the ground running. They must be an enthusiastic, driven individual with excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Assistant Accountant role, please apply now, or contact Sam Jeffrey at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.