City Of Manchester, Greater Manchester
£23000 - £28000 per annum + study support, pension, parking
8 months ago
Due to continual growth this £300 million turnover organisation based in Manchester is seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their finance function. The role will evolve into more of a senior role manging two junior accounts assistants
The duties of the Accounts Assistant will include
- Matching, batching and coding of invoices
- Dealing with invoice queries
- Filing invoices and statement.
- Checking and reconciling supplier statements
- Processing and paying suppliers via BACS paymen
- Raise customer invoices
- Credit control
- Customer and supplier query resolution
- Accruals, prepayments
- P and L Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Assist with cash flow forecasting,month end accounts preparation and any ad-hoc projects
The ideal Assistant Accountant will have the following:
- Proven assistant accountant experience essential with a minimum of 2 years' experience
- Good standard of education with literacy and numeracy (A level, AAT Level 3/4)
- Strong Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel (pivot tables and v-look up's)
- Experience of dealing with stock, with average costing experience,dealing with stock invoices would be an advantage
- Confident, outgoing and a self-starter
- Foreign currency experience is essential
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications Excel
- Analytical,articulate,methoical and well organised with an abilityto multi-task and prioritise the workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,and confidence to liaise with people at all levels.
In return, the company offers a good benefits package including study support as well as the opportuntiy to progress and build your career and take it to the next level.
If you think that you match all of the criteria above, please apply directly for immediate consideration.
My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an urgent requirement so candidates are encouraged to apply immediately - interviews will commence ASAP.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.