Newcastle upon Tyne
£25000 - £30000 per annum + Study Support
0191 261 8585
Sellick Partnership and delighted to be assisting a Global Group with the recruitment of an Assistant Accountant.
The successful Assistant Acocuntant will be part qualified ACCA / CIMA and will benefit from an accelerated path in terms of professional and personal development with exposure that will go hand in hand with your ongoing accountancy studies.
As Assistant Accountant you will be supporting the accounting team in month end processes as well as posting journals, providing reports, analysis and insights in support of management decision making.
- Complete month end processes as defined in desk top procedures to pre agreed timetable
- Review and process journals submitted from business partners
- Produce high quality, actionable management information reports and insights
- Be focussed on developing insightful value-added management information which allows the business to deliver optimal performance
- Challenge existing ways of working and develop a continuous improvement culture
- Support with coaching and the development of junior members within the team
- Instil a customer facing culture to enable the delivery of best in class services to all stakeholders
- Support the month end process with detailed analysis as needed, both on a regular monthly and ad hoc basis, delivering value added insights
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations including investigation and reporting on items at risk
- Provide analysis and respond to management information requests, supporting and challenging appropriately in support of key business decisions
- Undertake or contribute to special projects as requested
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Business
- Part qualified ACCA /CIMA
- Previous experience in mentoring junior members
- Previous experience in month end processes
- Strong excel user
For more information please contact Maz Wiliams at Sellick Partnership, Newcastle.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.