£25000 - £27000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are excited to be working with a market leading construction business as they look to recruit an Assistant Accountant to their Gateshead office.
The opportunity will serve as an exciting opportunity for a proactive and eager candidate who is looking to take the next step within their accountancy career.
As Assistant Accountant, your role will have a month end focus, with most of your time being spent on the assistance in production of the monthly Management Accounts. Your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Cost allocations and monthly provisions
- Balance Sheet and Intercompany reconciliations
- Prepayments and Accruals
- Monthly overhead analysis
- Office of National Statistics submissions
- VAT returns
- Purchase Leder duties as required - (processing / matching invoices, statement reconciliations, holiday cover)
- Ad-Hoc tasks
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience in a similar role
- Have excellent communication skills
- AAT Qualified (Desirable but not essential)
- Be self-motivated and proactive
- Be profiecent in MS Excel
- Salary: Up to £28,000
- You will be entitled to 25 days of annual leave (+ bank holidays), and have the additional option to purchase an extra 5 days per annum
- On site parking
- 3PM finish on a Friday afternoon
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Elise Newbrooke in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a marketleading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.