South Yorkshire, England
£25000 - £30000 per annum + 28 days holiday, pension, CIPS training
12 months ago
Sellick Partnership are working with an excellent Public Sector organisation in South Yorkshire, who are currently seeking an Assistant Category Manager to join their team after a slight restructure in the team. This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their career and grow with the organisation, who have an excellent reputation for staff development and training.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Category Manager:
- Be responsible for day-to-day procurement activities including the buying of supplies, services and minor works up to the value of £100,000
- Establish the requirements of internal and external stakeholders (or sourcing via Public Sector frameworks)
- Produce tender documentation and make recommendation of award to the end users
- Ensure that spend data analysis is carried out on a regular basis
- Compare and evaluate quotations received from suppliers, prepare evaluations and make recommendations for the placement of orders and contracts
- Ensure that the contract register remains up to date and that contracts/framework agreements remain active
The successful Assistant Category Manager will:
- Have proven experience in general sourcing and buying across a range of goods and services within the Public Sector
- Hold a good working knowledge of Public Sector frameworks (CCS, ESPO, YPO, NHS frameworks, etc)
- Public Sector procurement experience is advantageous (should you not have Public Sector experience, a strong understanding of the above frameworks is essential)
On offer for the successful candidate:
- Salary between £24,000 to £25,000
- 28 days holiday allowance + 8 statutory days
- On-going Personal Development (access to CIPS training)
- Flexible working scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted canteen and on-site gym
This opportunity is an excellent one for a Procurement professional that is looking to take the next step in their career and continue advancing under the stewardship of some highly experienced Management. The organisation have an excellent reputation for the way they treat their staff and will offer support for candidates to further develop their career at every opportunity.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.