Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
6 months ago
Assistant Director of Estates
Assistant Director of Estates required to join a public sector client in Newcastle. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Assistant Director of Estates to join their team on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Estates:
- Support the Deputy Director of Estates in ensuring that the organisation is maintained in a fit and proper manner in line with all statutory and mandatory requirements
- Facilitate a quality based approach within the Operational Workshops including the review, ownership and audit of Estates related process
- Ensure suitable financial controls are implemented in the management of the Estates budget
- Monitor and evaluate the Estates Capital Project Delivery Programme, its performance and develop systems to ensure acceptable standards are set and met by taking corrective action where appropriate
- Contribute to the review of the Estate Strategy to reflect the organisations clinical strategy and objectives
- Oversee the performance reporting of the Operational Workshops in line with agreed key performance indicators
- Act as a focal point for the identification and delivery of projects in support of the organisations carbon reduction goals
- Ensure the operation of all engineering and building services is in accordance with relevant codes of practice, statutory requirements and Department of Health guidelines
- Provide and promote effective professional leadership to ensure the delivery of cost effective and customer orientated services are in accordance with the established service level agreements
- Provide specialist and professional advice in relation to engineering services, working across the premises
- Assist the Deputy Director of Operations and Maintenance in the delivery of on-site strategy and policy development related to estates services including the implementation of legislative requirements and risk management arrangements
Required skills and experience of the Assistant Director of Estates:
- Member of professional organisation such as CIBSE, RICS, CIOB, IHEEM
- Preferably academically qualified to professional level - minimum Master's degree or equivalent extensive experience in the field
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Assistant Director of Estates role, please apply now, or contact Lucie Houston or Claire Harrison at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.