Assistant Director of Finance
£54764 - £63862 per annum
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting exclusively for an Assistant Director of Finance to join our client, a well-regarded NHS organisation in the Midlands, on an interim basis for a minimum of 6 months, with full remote working as an option. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team with a strong focus on delivery and continued success, making a real difference and adding value to the organisation.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, key responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Finance will include:
- Responsibility for operational finance and procurement teams, including direct line management of various managers and heads of department
- Deputising for the Director of Finance when required at Executive and Board meetings
- Attending and presenting to the Finance and Audit Committees
- Attending and contributing to contract review meetings
- Responsibility for the control environment; ensuring policies and procedures are in place
- Overseeing transactional finance teams and financial systems
- Reviewing the procurement contract register, ensuring the organisation achieves best value through its external contracts
- Reviewing and signing off draft costings including pricing of new business prior to approval in line with the SFI's
- Improving financial reporting and understanding
- Medium Term Financial Planning; including escalating opportunities or risks to the organisations financial sustainability
- Completion of statutory returns
- Working alongside operational managers to triangulate quality, performance and finance reporting to assist the organisation in understanding the service it is providing
The successful Assistant Director of Finance will:
- Have proven public sector experience, in line with the above key responsibilities, ideally within the NHS sector
- Be CCAB qualified
- Have the ability to work collaboratively and flexibly in a challenging, forward-thinking environment, with a remote team
For further information or for a confidential discussion, please get in touch with Nicole Graley at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.