Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of an assistant Divisional Accountant to join the Finance and Corporate Governance division of a large public sector organisation based in Tyne and Wear. This will be a temporary position due to last initially 3 months.
The successful candidate will provide the necessary support to the Divisional Accountant to ensure the provision of a high quality financial advice and business support service to the Division, as well as supporting financial management reporting and budgetary control across the Division.
- Assists the Divisional Accountant in meeting all requirements for monthly closedown and production of management reports
- Holds regular meetings with a sub-set of budget-holders to review financial management reports and agree actions
- Provides ad-hoc reports and responses to queries from budget-holders within Division
- Supports the Divisional Accountant in undertaking detailed financial analysis of variances and in production of financial forecasts
- Reviews funded establishment change forms and vacancy control requisition forms, confirms establishment details or availability of funds, and advises the Divisional Accountant accordingly
- Maintains a full audit trail for all expenditure budget changes within areas of responsibility during the year, and ensures that expenditure budgets are updated on a monthly basis.
- Supports the Divisional Accountant and the Finance Manager - Central Team, in the production of annual revenue budgets in accordance with timetables set by the Head of Financial Performance.
- Works with budget-holders to identify expenditure pressures during budget-setting, and provides supporting information to enable the Divisional Accountant to complete relevant documentation for FRMG
- Supports the Divisional Accountant and Finance Managers in developing management reporting to integrate income and expenditure and support initiatives such as service line reporting
- AAT qualified or equivalent, and actively studying towards CCAB qualification
- Experience in finance preferably in the Public Sector
- Experience of production of income and/or expenditure annual budgets and monthly management reports
- Experience of spreadsheet, database and computerised ledger applications, preferably Oracle Financials
- Able to investigate and resolve expenditure variances, pursuing if necessary with other members of the finance team or budget-holders
- Able to plan own work and that of the Management Accountant to ensure monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines are met
If this position is of interest, please send your CV to email@example.com