Birmingham, West Midlands
£22000 - £25000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Role: Assistant Finance Manager
Location: Birmingham - Hybrid working
Rate: £22k to £25k
Sellick Partnership are currently looking to appoint a Permanent Assistant Finance Manager for our Public Sector client based in Birmingham.
- Assist the finance team in providing professional advice and support in all aspects of financial management and business planning
- Be part of a team directly involved in the maintenance of the general ledger and budgetary control system and ensuring compliance with all finance policies and procedures
The specific requirements for the Assistant Finance Manager:
- Support the production of monthly management information
- Post accounting journals to correctly reflect the financial position
- Support the delivery of a completed set of draft accounts for review each month
- Liaise regularly with designated budget holders to monitor performance against budget and agree proposed corrective action where necessary
- Attend regular budget meetings and deliver appropriate financial information
- Monitor cost improvement schemes to ensure delivery
- Interpret and analyse of a wide range of data in order to provide meaningful management information to budget holders
- Respond to and resolve ad-hoc budget holder queries in a timely manner
Person specification for the Assistant Finance Manager:
- Hold AAT level 3
- Experience in a financial role
- Practical application of basic accounting concepts and techniques
- Able to work well in a team
Please apply now for immediate consideration. The deadline for CVs is Wednesday 3rd December.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.