£26000 - £315000 per annum + excellent range of benefits
5 months ago
Role: Assistant Finance Manager
Sellick Partnership are seeking a Finance on behalf of a large and successful Public Sector organisation in Northamptonshire.
- Provide and develop timely financial information.
- Ensure accuracy of reporting within the General Ledger for own areas of responsibility.
- Provide assistance and advice to directorates and departments through completion of own enquiries/workload and liaison and co-ordination of others work.
- Act within set timescales and in accordance with Standing Financial Instructions (statutory) whilst prioritising work appropriately.
- Deals with financial services regarding queries from both internal and external parties regarding income and expenditure
- Provide effective input into the work of the Trust, to support the achievement of our vision and value
As an Assistant Finance Manager you will be responsible for:
- Advising Budget Holders/Department Managers (non-finance managers) on complex financial matters
- Educating and influencing non-financial managers when discussing and explaining difficult and stressful financial problems/issues.
- Providing management accounting information
- Resolving discrepancies and investigating variances to budget with Budget Holder
- Preparing monthly and annual budget statements, including quarterly returns in line with set timetables
- Assisting in the development and implementation of financial information and developing plans and procedures
- Authorising financial transactions and other documents
- Creating and building working spreadsheets and databases
- Producing monthly audit of budgets to finance system
The successful Assistant Finance Manager will:
- Have experience and expertise in management accounting, including month end processes, budget setting & forecasting.
- Demonstrate experience of providing expert advice to budget holders
- Have excellent analytical and reasoning skills.
- Have strong communication skills and have the ability to prepare and present complex financial information to non-financial people
- Have planning, monitoring and influencing skills
- Carry out a Enthusiasm, determination, motivated and positive 'can do' attitude.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Jessi Pabla at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.