Assistant Financial Accountant - Capital
£150- £162 P/day
Assistant Financial Accountant - Capital opportunity to join a fantastic NHS organisation on full time temporary basis. My client is looking for a committed and engaging individual who is an experienced Assistant Financial Accountant with capital experience to add value to the existing friendly finance team.
As the Assistant Financial Accountant- Capital you will take a role in managing the Capital Accounting function, alongside the duties below;
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Financial Accountant - Capital
- Support all aspects of the Capital programme.
- Advise finance staff of any potential accounting issues arising from the Capital programme.
- Assist with investment appraisal and risk management techniques in support of investment decisions.
- Support and maintain detailed Capital budgets, to include working with managers to identify in year spend profiles and forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation of the Capital elements of the Annual Accounts, ensuring compliance with the timetable.
- Monitor Capital expenditure against detailed plans and highlighting variances.
- Assisting with the management and forecast of Capital cash flows, liaising with the wider Finance team as appropriate.
- Identify correct VAT and other taxation treatment of capital schemes
- Support the Day-to-day management of the Trust's fixed asset register.
- Support monthly reconciliation of Capital expenditure between general ledger and fixed asset register.
- Produce high quality working papers to withstand audit scrutiny.
- Supporting the management of leased assets and accounting under IFRS 16, to include Annual Planning, Internal reporting and national returns.
Required skills and experience of the Assistant Financial Accountant - Capital
- CCAB Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- Experience of RAM
- Previous NHS experience within a finance function
- Experience of Capital accounting and Capital asset management.
- Experience and expertise in managing staff
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of analytical skills
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Assistant Financial Accountant - Capital role, please apply now, or contact Lindsay Ritchey at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an inclusive and accessible recruitment business and we support applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances. We can adapt our processes to accommodate everybody, so please let us know how we can help improve your recruitment experience. Please note, our advertisements use years' experience, hourly rates, and salary levels purely as a guide based on the specific skills set out in the advert. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. Our Consultants assess based on the experience and skills evidenced on the CV. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.