City Of Manchester, Greater Manchester
£27000 - £33000 per annum + study support, parking, pension, bonus
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are recruiting for an experienced Assitant Financial Accountant to join a well-established organisation based in South Manchester.
The main responsibilities for the Assistant Financial Accountant will be:
- Month-end coordination and group reporting for European entities
- Analytical review below gross margin for European entities
- Responsibility for the preparation and review of the balance sheet reconciliations associated with the work you undertake.
- Ensuring that a "pro-active" approach is taken to the cleanliness of all balance sheet and other accounts within the wider team
- Supervisory role in preparation of all European payrolls, performing review and approval of data, and providing cover to the team when required.
- Management of team of junior Finance staff members providing support / coaching with their tasks (cash posting, credit note processing, daily cash flow updates etc.)
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts for multiple entities (both UK and overseas) liaising with all parties to obtain all relevant information.
- Liaison with auditors and tax advisors regarding the above statutory accounts.
- Assistance with annual Budgets and interim reforecasts, coordinating with other finance team members; to include management of this process ensuring required timescales and deadlines are communicated internally and adhered to.
- Assist with the upgrade and ongoing maintenance of the Financial Reporting software system from a Finance perspective.
- Provide day-to-day assistance to staff on system and finance queries.
- Support of the VAT Manager, providing another point of contact to the business, and back-up for the preparation of returns and on-going compliance.
- Perform an Internal Audit function on judgmental/ complex balance sheet areas as and when required e.g. customer rebates, stock valuations.
- Use skills, knowledge and experience to add value within the Finance department and across the business, by suggesting improvements to processes and procedures, and where appropriate implementing those suggestions.
To be considered for this role you will have experience as follows:
- Ideal candidates will be part qualified either ACCA/CIMA.
- Similar experience in a financial accounting role is essential.
- You will be confident and assertive with the ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with people at all levels. You will be determined to go the extra mile to achieve results.
- Strong team player with ability to work with the team across multiple time zones.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-moving finance environment is essential.
- The position requires someone who is highly computer literate, with excellent Excel skills and keen attention to detail.
- Effective organizational ability and time management skills are crucial, and you must be able to work to tight deadlines.
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Sam Sullivan - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice