Assistant Financial Accountant
£13 - £17.50 per hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Financial Accountant with NHS experience to join a well-established NHS organisation in Liverpool for an initial three month contract.
As Assistant Financial Accountant your day to day duties will involve:
- Producing the monthly Capital Budget v Actual expenditure report
- Ensuring the Trust Fixed Asset Register is maintained and updated on a monthly basis and reconciled back to the General Ledger
- Producing the monthly depreciation calculation and depreciation journal
- Producing the monthly VAT return submissions to HMRC
- Acting as a key point of contact with external VAT advisors for monthly compliance checks
- Ensuring any fixed asset revaluations are correctly accounted for in the General Ledger and the Fixed Asset Register
- Completing monthly balance sheet reconciliations in the areas of capital, inventories, VAT and other debtors
- Reconciling NHS Income / Expenditure to ensure they are coded correctly in the ledger for Agreement of Balances and reporting purposes
The successful Assistant Financial Accountant will have:
- Previous experience of working in the NHS
- A working knowledge of Oracle and Excel
- VAT experience and exposure to Capital/ Control accounts
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attention to detail
This is a great opportunity to work for a well-known Liverpool organisation and gain valuable experience.
If the role is of interest, please apply now.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.