Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum + excellent company benefits
27 days ago
Sellick Partnership are exclusively recruiting for a qualified Assistant Financial Controller to join a fast paced, innovative end-to-end development company in Stoke. The successful Assistant Financial Controller will be directly reporting into the current Financial Controller of this expanding, forward thinking organisation.
This role will develop naturally in to a Financial Controller position within 12-18 months. This is a varied position which requires a pro-active individual who would thrive in a constantly evolving business.
Key duties of the Assistant Financial Controller include:
- Detailed review of the monthly financial information and commentary supplied by the Management Accounts for the SPVs and other companies before final review.
- Supervising of and collaboration with the finance team to ensure the consistent high standard of work.
- Ensuring key dates for the Management Accountants of the SPV's and other companies are met.
- Active involvement and support of the annual audits and requests for information for the SPVs and other companies.
- To provide support for the day to day tasks of the SPV's and other companies during holidays and busy periods.
- Company Secretarial functionality - Maintenance of Company Books and statutory records & filing Forms at Companies House.
- Maintaining communication links between Directors and Shareholders for the purposes of filing compliance and maintaining up to date records.
- Support the FD in management of the Insurances, renewals, administration and claims.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) - essential
- Have a background in Practice and recent industry experience - desired
- Have a driven, ambitious, professional attitude and likes to work within a small team.
- Have experience with Sage Line 50 - desired
- Hold advanced excel skills and prior exposure to financial modelling are highly - desired
- Have exposure to Company Secretarial work would be helpful - desired
In return, the company will offer a competitive salary, pension auto enrolment matched contributions up to a maximum of 5%, Medical and Life Cover benefits, mileage allowance and 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration - suitable CVs will be contact immediately. For any more information please contact Jemma Bailey.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice