about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are currently working with a well-established law firm based in South London where an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Head of Housing Litigation to join their team.
Our client is a highly regarded Legal 500 firm serving a wide range of commercial and private clients across London and the surrounding counties. They have a strong and long established history in housing law and have acted for social landlords for over 30 years on a full range of housing management issues.
Our client's highly successful specialist housing litigation department is now looking to recruit an Assistant Head of Housing to assist the Head of Housing with the management and growth of the team.
Our housing department has gone from strength to strength over the last few years and is currently undergoing exponential growth.
This is a great opportunity for an individual already in a Senior/Associate position, with proven specialist social housing and landlord & tenant litigation knowledge and experience and strong business development skills to help grow and manage an established team.
- Supporting the Head of Housing with all duties relating to the management of the team
- Managing own caseload using our case management system
- Providing specialist advice on complex matters
- Maintaining and building upon existing excellent client relationships
- Adhering to client service level agreements and assisting with client contracts
- Generating ideas & developing strategies to grow the department,
- Engaging in relevant business development activities & marketing of the department
- Networking for both the department & the firm - outside of working hours, if needed
- Actively work towards securing new clients
- Delivering training to existing & prospective clients
- Consistently meeting financial targets both in terms of time and billing
- Assisting with managing the department's budget
- Training and supervising team members, undertaking file reviews & appraisals
- Deputising in the Head of Housing's absence
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills,
- Strong technical skills and knowledge,
- Demonstrate a high degree of business acumen,
- Possess excellent problem solving, organisational and verbal/written communication skills,
- Competent at using a case management system,
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and targets,
- Fully IT literate,
- Qualified solicitor or legal executive with at least 5 years' relevant experience.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.