South East London, London
£50 - £60 per hour
about 1 year ago
3 Months +
Our client is looking for an Assistant Head of Legal with Property and Regeneration experience to join a forward thinking local authority based in South East London on a locum basis.
Your main responsibility will be for the leadership, management and development of the Property and Regeneration Team. The successful Assistant Head of Legal will manage around 5 other lawyers.
The successful candidate will provide high level Property and Regeneration legal advice to Elected Members including committees, senior managers, staff and external clients. Additional duties may include:
- Advising Elected Members and senior managers on the legal implications of transformation and development of projects
- Providing legal supervision to all the fee earners in the Team as appropriate
- Ensuring that recruitment, training, development, appraisal, performance, workload allocation and supervision are carried out in accordance with authority policy/procedures
- Deputising for the Head of Legal Services when required
- Participating in working parties and corporate groups across the Council and to represent the Council as appropriate at external meetings
- Undertaking employee investigations and appeals
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of managing staff within a local authority environment and a proven track record of providing legal advice to senior leaders in relation to Property and Regeneration matters.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified solicitor, barrister or equivalent to join a friendly and supportive team who can offer flexible working for the right candidate, to include up to 1 day working from home.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Rayhaneh Tehrani in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.